- Complete application for Admissions and pay application fee.
- Request an official high school transcript or GED to be sent to the Admissions Office at NETC.
- Request transcripts from previous colleges attended to be sent to the Admissions Office at NETC.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Submit all requested documentation.
FA Office Process
- Reviews all returned documentation for accuracy and signatures.
- Checks to see if high school/GED and college transcripts are on file.
- Checks financial aid standards of progress.
- Checks to see if student is enrolled in an eligible program (list of eligible programs are available in the Office of Student Financial Assistance).
- Checks NSLDS to determined the percentage of aid used at another college and whether or not student is in default on loan.
After Verification Process Is Complete
The Office of Student Financial Assistance will mail the student an initial award letter. The student is responsible for viewing his/her adjusted award letter through his/her Portal account.
Student's Responsibility After Receipt of Award Letter
Review award letter and read carefully the Conditions of Awards brochure. Sign and return the award letter only if he/she declines or reduces the amount of aid offered.
- Example of reduction: Financial aid was finalized at full time training status; however, you will only attend half time.
- Example of decline: Lottery Tuition Assistance was finalized at full time; however, you do not accept the Lottery Tuition Assistance award.
Note: Students receiving lottery tuition assistance must check with the Office of Student Financial Assistance each semester prior to paying fees.
Note: The student should notify the Office of Student Financial Assistance if there is a change in his/her enrollment status. (Example of change: Your aid was finalized for 12 semester hours and you registered for 9 semester hours.)