Northeastern Technical College

Contact Us | NETC Portal

Veterans Education Benefits

"GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)." 

More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website"

To receive veterans' education benefits at NETC, you must be accepted for admission to the college prior to our office processing your claim for educational benefits. 

Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs' website for additional information or to submit your application or change of program online for the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Chapter 30, Chapter 1606, Chapter 1607, and Chapter 35 benefits.

Types of Benefits

Post 9/11 GI Bill®
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after Sept. 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.

Chapter 30
The Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty, also known as Chapter 30, provides up to 36 months of education benefits to eligible veterans. This program provides educational benefits for eligible individuals entering the military service after June 30, 1985.

Chapter 1606
The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.

Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) – Chapter 1607
REAP is a new Department of Defense education benefit program designed to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency was declared by the President or Congress. This new program makes certain reservists who were activated for at least 90 days after Sept. 11, 2001, either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits.

Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA) Chapter 35
DEA provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition, or who died while on active duty or as a result of a service related condition.

Chapter 31
This program is for individuals who have a service-connected disability, and the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs determine that training and rehabilitation services are needed to overcome an employment handicap. A veteran who thinks he/she may be eligible for this program and desires to attend NETC should contact the VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Division in Columbia at 1-800-827-1000 ext. 4242 to get approval for attendance at NETC.

MyCAA is a Department of Defense (DoD) program which offers eligible military spouses up to $6,000 of MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) that can help them pursue education, training, licenses, certificates and degrees leading to employment in Portable Career fields. For additional information about the program or how to apply, please visit MYCAA.

Free Tuition for Certain War Veterans Children
This program is offered by the State of South Carolina to all eligible children of certain war veterans who is twenty-six years of age or younger and pursuing any type of undergraduate degree. This benefit is simply a waiver of tuition to any state supported university, college, or post-high school technical education institutions. Certain residency requirements apply. If you think you may be eligible for this program, you should submit an application to the South Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs. For additional information or to submit an application, please visit South Carolina State Office of Veterans' Affairs to print an application or call (803) 647-2434.

Resident Rate Requirement for Covered Individuals

Northeastern Technical College will charge in-state tuition and fee amounts to covered individuals receiving payment of benefits under the Post 9-11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) and Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty (Chapter 30).  A covered individual includes the following:

  • A veteran who lives in South Carolina (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) 
  • An individual using transferred benefits who lives in South Carolina (regardless of his/her formal state of residence)
  • An individual using transferred Post 9-11 GI Bill® who lives in South Carolina and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
  • A spouse or child using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship who lives in South Carolina (regardless of his/her formal state of residence)
  • The covered individual must complete and submit to the Office of Admissions the Veteran's Residency Verification Form.  

           Visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website at for additional information.

         VA Certification

          Students are required to complete and submit a VA Certification Request Form for each semester that the student wish to use VA benefits.  The Veterans Affairs Office will not submit your enrollment certification to VA until this document is on file.  You are responsible for notifying the Veterans Affairs Office of any changes in your program of study and/or changes in your enrollment status (drops/withdrawals/course section changes).

The following websites are helpful when trying to determine where you will attend college.

Website Design by: TrueBlue Advertising & Kaleidoscopic, Inc.   ||   Powered by: PageCraftCMS